Service Technician - Systems Specialist I - Boston, MA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236425
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a Systems Specialist I to support our Building Automation business in Boston, MA and Rhode Island. The Systems Specialist I coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been installed, upgraded or optimized.
Under supervision, performs commissioning and start-up of HVAC and Building systems including troubleshooting of systems.
- Provides updated control drawings of field changes and discrepancies for final engineering drawings.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the client for training needs as required.
- Compiles job documentation, such as a certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
- Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in Siemens.
• Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming for systems.
• Creates/reviews and uploads point database in the Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).
• Coordinates onsite electrical and mechanical installation.
• Verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work.
• Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE commissioning agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
• Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in Electronics or other technical field, Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Automatic temperature control experience a plus
• Computer, mechanical and electrical experience
• Hands on mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
• Interpersonal and writing skills
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.