Support Technician - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Beltsville, MD
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236436
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division is searching for an entry level Support Technician to assist with routine equipment installations, trial runs and service activity (start-up, checkout and troubleshooting of terminal equipment controllers and end-devices) of Siemens Building Energy Management Systems to ensure that it meets specifications. Are you looking to join a team where you will make an impact directly to the business? This is the opportunity for you. We will help you learn the business and product by working alongside our Engineering and Operations team. You will be the direct point person for jobs for our Siemens Energy Management Controls projects. Are you ready to bring your experience to Siemens? If so, we want to see your resume today!
Provides assistance with training customer to maintain and adjust routine equipment. Performs routine maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. and completed required service/installation or systems paperwork. Assists with responding to routine service or systems calls. Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional areas. Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others.
· Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation, startup & commissioning.
· Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database.
· Supports the upload of point database.
· Assists with the modification of graphics.
· Participates with verification of point database that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence.
· Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
· Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces.
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance:
· Runs routine reports to review system operation.
· Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action.
· Supports the assurance of customer acceptance.
· Completes and submits routine written reports.
· Provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· High School, GED or Technical School.
· Experience or training with HVAC installation, troubleshooting and start-up (residential or commercial) and/or electrical components (e.g. relays, communication wiring, power supplies, low voltage, etc.) preferred.
· Basic knowledge of HVAC fundamentals & concepts
· Basic knowledge of Electrical Circuits
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
· Understanding of business operations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.