Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 236447
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
For more information, please visit:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform various power engineering analyses using various software and analytical tools.
- Perform analyses on customer facilities to determine DES penetration capacity and power generation;
- Lead and manage feasibility studies around distributed energy systems as these relate to utility and customer power systems;
- Establish performance specifications and application standards to be applied to complex electrical power systems for commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings
- Lead Engineering Project Development of commericialy vialible DES projects (financial models, valuations, estimates and cost proposals). This position supports Sales Account Executitives, with its performance evaluaiton based upon sucessful Orders Intake.
- Work with local utilites where the DES project is being developed to provide inconnection research and manage the inconnection process.
- Follow and communicate relevant technology trends, regulatory developments, and emerging business models; analyze key sector trends, trajectories, and developments;
- Advise stakeholders on specifications and policy adoptions related to codes, standards and program design;
- Identify and negotiate acquisition of emerging technology equipment relating to connected energy technologies (appliances and devices) and demand side management.
- Develop or participate in the development of grant or teaming proposals; participate as a subject matter expert extra-agency teams building demonstrations or pilot projects;
- Collaborate with regional and national agencies/organizations to gain insight on and support emerging energy technologies;
Experience: Six years of progressively responsible, difficult and highly complex or visible electrical power systems engineering experience
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Current driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility.
- Eight years progressively responsible experience and demonstrated expertise with distributed energy resources.
- Two to Five years' experience and demonstrated expertise with distributed solar and/or energy storage sectors;
- Two to Five years' experience and demonstrated expertise with energy storage appliances and infrastructure;
- Two to Five years' experience and demonstrated expertise with connected devices and appliances in the building or transportation sectors;
- Demonstrated self-starter and strong leader with sound judgement and ability to identify and develop solutions to complex electrical engineering problems. Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, develop, and implement methods for technology improvements.
- Experience and demonstrated ability coordinating the efforts of multi-discipline, multi-agency project teams to complete work.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to translate complex information for non-technical audiences.
- Experience researching local utility taffis and regulatory requirements.
- Experience drafting and publishing professional technical papers.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.