Service Project Manager - Building Technologies - Detroit
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236454
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
For more information, please visit:
Job Description: #LI-MO1
Service Project Manager -Commercial Energy Management Systems & Commercial Fire/Life Safety & Electronic Security Systems
The Detroit Service department has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced individual within our Building Technology Division located in Plymouth, MI. In this role, you will have responsibility for managing large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. You will be the face of Siemens to the customer, responsible for the delivery of world class service. You will work very closely with the Account Executives to communicate information about upcoming projects and opportunities that require a higher level of support.
· The Project Manager supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned service projects.
· Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
· Have the strategic function of developing additional opportunities for time and material and additional project work through your assigned service staff and by direct interaction with the customers.
· Participates in job walks, pre-bid reviews, scope development and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate, job scope, and that quotations exist for all sub-contracted work. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine if the project meets all requirements. Confirms compliance with all procurement strategies.
· Manages the development of project plans, in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
· Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
· Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
· Performs monthly reviews for all assigned projects with the Service Ops Manager for Projects and the Branch Service Ops Manager as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Associates degree, Trade School or equivalent field experience with an emphasis in a technical field.
· Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations;
· Excellent contracting skills
· An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
· Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Previous project management experience.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age to be able to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· PMP Certification.
· Mechanical or HVAC Background/Experience.
· Construction Project Management experience or related education.
· NICET Certification (as required)