Fire Service Team Leader - Detroit
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236457
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Supervises, plans and develops the activities of a team of fire technicians in an area of specialization. Responsible to maintain maximum utilization of his/her team. Responsible for developing an education and training schedule to keep their team up-to-date on new technologies and codes. Responsible for team to achieve targeted financial and quality results.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises the activities, performance and utilization of all technicians within assigned area of responsibility including fire and security personnel.
- Actively engages in on-site safety reviews, provides report identifying field observations discussed as we reinforce our culture of ZERO accidents.
- Takes ownership of manpower resource scheduling work proceeds according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates.
- Supervises technicians and provide local field support when a technician requires additional assistance.
- Promotes, and ensures implementation of technician productivity tools and practices.
- Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting.
- Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
- Works with Operations Manager to plan and justify staffing requirements, and other investments for timely execution of assigned work.
- Reviews monthly forecast with Operations Manager to provide feedback needs for manpower to meet forecast.
- Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Maintains relationships between sales, engineering and execution teams so changes and discrepancies can be managed to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, execution phases of projects.
- Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
- Actively manage fire or security projects approximately 30-40% of the time not performing supervisory duties.
Preferred education & experience
- Requires two years of college or technical school resulting in an Associate's degree or equivalent. 5+ Years’ Experience in fire.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Not require but a plus.
· NICET II or above
· Supervisory Experience