Assembler A Industry-IL
Business Unit: Mechanical Drives
Requisition Number: 236462
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Elgin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Flender Corporation, a Siemens company, is a leading global supplier for mechanical drive systems and has the reputation for highest performance, innovation, quality, and reliability of mechanical components for more than 115 years. Flender offers a broad variety of gear units and couplings and associated services, with a focus on key industries such as wind power, cement, mining, oil & gas, power generation, water & wastewater ,marine, conveyor and crane technology. Flender products and services combine the latest technology with extremely high quality and have been reliably providing the optimal transmission of power for decades.
This position with Flender Corporation will support the repair of Industrial Gear Box’s at our Elgin, IL plant. This position will include the physical teardown, evaluation, and re-assembly of all types of Flender Industrial gearbox transmissions. Normally will work alone to complete units but may also work in a team environment. Works with and has extensive knowledge of blueprints, bills of material (parts lists), quality documentation and work instructions. Has ability to diagnose semi-complex problems and correct as needed. Is responsible for correctness of gear unit prior to testing of reassembled gear unit. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the assembly and disassembly of gear transmissions; have a strong mechanical aptitude along with the ability to work to customer deadlines.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in assembly & service of industrial type gearboxes or equivalent industry. Technical Certifications preferred but not required
- Blueprint Reading (advanced)
- Demonstrated work ethic, achieving high-quality results with minimal instruction
- Critical thinking required, including ability to completely disassemble, evaluate, and reassemble based on Assembly Drawings and Bill of Material only.
- A plus would be; product-specific experience (Vertical Cement Mill gearboxes, Planetary gearboxes, Extruder gearboxes [single & twin screw], Standard vertical gearboxes).
- A plus would be relevant Military Occupational Skill training.
A combination of formal education, training and experience to acquire knowledge and skills generally equivalent to those possessed by an experienced high school graduate
This position is a 1st shift (6am – 2pm) 40-hour work week with overtime when business needs mandate. Competitive salary based on experience
Siemens US Talent Acquisition