Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 236478
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
NX CAM Product Manager - 5 Axis Milling – Troy, MI
The selected candidate will be an integral member of the NX CAM Product Management team in Siemens PLM’s Manufacturing Engineering segment, working collaboratively with customers, partners, Machine Tool OEMs, and highly motivated multidisciplinary teams distributed over US, Europe and Asia to achieve NX CAM’s revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
The primary role for the selected candidate will be to work as a product manager with the Complex Parts Machining team, responsible for the definition and direction of NX CAM’s Multi Axis Milling software driven towards a profitable growth. This role also involves working with marketing, sales and support teams to launch and support the product in the market to ensure its success and success of our customers.
In this role, the selected candidate will also work with the stakeholders to analyze the business performance to help develop pricing and portfolio recommendations for the leadership.
- Lead the market, industry, sales and competitive product analysis and use this to define the product roadmap and business plans for the development of the NX CAM multi axis machining applications.
- Collaborate with the leaders, developers and other stakeholders to drive the day to day development activities and execute the roadmap deliverables successfully using the SAFe Lean-Agile principles.
- Work closely with customers, internal stakeholders, and partners to gather requirements and validate software enhancements and new product ideas.
- Develop a go to market strategy for the product and collaborate to develop the collateral necessary for product marketing and sales.
- Drive the development of the enablement training materials and deliver training to internal sales and support personnel, as well as, partners to execute the go to market strategy.
- Share product roadmaps, product plans and capabilities with customers, partners, and prospects as per the business needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Applied Science, Manufacturing or Engineering, with a solid foundation in how NC Machining software is utilized for machining complex parts in various industries, especially Aerospace.
- 5-7 years of hands on experience as user and/or through hardware/software development related to CNC 4-5 axis machining. Expertise with NX CAM or a competitor’s multi axis machining software as an end user, or in a key product development role is required.
- Solid understanding of Lean and Agile software development methodologies is required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate customer requirements and market needs into technical solutions is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with different types and size of audiences is required.
- Quick learner, who adapts well to changes in a fast paced environment and a strong interest in learning and applying new technology to solve complex manufacturing problems through teamwork and innovative solutions.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to achieve team goals.
- Approximately 10-15% travel required for this position.
NOTE: Must have legal authorization for employment in the United States is required. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience as a product manager for any CAD/CAM/CAE software application is a plus, especially dealing with multi axis machining using CNC and/or Robots.
- Practical experience using Lean and Agile development methodologies in a professional software development environment is highly desired.
- Experience supporting or developing automation applications for NC Machining or other Part Manufacturing processes such as Additive Manufacturing, also a plus.