Commissioning Engineer - Rail Automation
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 236492
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
This position is responsible for installation and testing of complex Carborne (on-board/inside the train car) systems. As needed, this position may be assigned as part of a larger project team with selected duties at the direction of the Installation and Commissioning (I&C) manager. This position requires work to be completed in remote field locations within the tri-state NY area. In this role, you will need to interpret installation manuals, mechanical and electrical drawings in support of maintenance / repair of Carborne systems.
- Performs start-up and installation tasks on Siemens Carborne equipment as needed.
- Oversees and perform mechanical and electrical installations of engineering designs.
- Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of Siemens Carborne equipment.
- Coordinates all aspects of field installation work with I&C manager.
- Handles the ordering of tools and material as needed.
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate
- Able to work both individually and in an established team setting
- Self-starter with strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision
- Ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or vocational technical training required.
- 2+ Years of Installation experience. Education may be substituted for experience.
- Knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
- Practical knowledge and use of scopes and multimeters
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be able to utilize computer-based tools for reports, email and for general communication
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- This position is based in the New York tri-state Area but will require local travel to various sites within the area.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Commissioning Engineer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.