Software Engineer - Deep Reinforcement Learning for CAD, CAE and CAM
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 236496
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer (Deep Reinforcement Learning for CAD, CAE and CAM) for our Princeton, NJ location. The successful candidate will work with the Product Design, Modeling and Simulation Research Group (PSM RG) to develop robust solutions to real-world problems. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
- Design and implement algorithms for 3D simulation solvers, 3D geometric processing and 3D rendering that leverage cutting edge AI technologies and Deep reinforcement Learning.
- Apply state of the art software engineering principles to develop reusable software components and software applications that demonstrate advanced research results.
- Translate python based AI/DL implementations into efficient and robust C++ code.
- Work with stakeholders to understand application requirements and deliver high-quality solutions on time.
- Contribute to innovation in the area of applied AI and deep reinforcement learning for 3D simulation solver, 3D geometry processing and 3D rendering by generating novel patentable ideas and solutions.
What skills are needed to qualify for this position?
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. PhD is preferred.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in translating early python based prototypes of deep learning algorithms into efficient and robust C++ applications that can run on CPU/GPU supercomputing nodes.
- Demonstrated experience in working on the development of the inner core of physics based simulation solvers (fluid is a preferred), and 3D geometry modeling tools, with one or more physics and geometry types.
- Familiarity with commercial 3D design, simulation, and manufacturing packages preferred e.g. Siemens NX, Parasolid.
- Knowledge and skills in developing graphics applications using OpenGL preferred.
- Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in modern programming languages including C++, C#, and Python is a must.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US --Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws and regulations can be found on