Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 236503
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
The future of digitalization is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see these ideas come to life.
Our talented researchers in Berkeley are constantly developing new ways to establish seamless interaction between human and machine through intuitive, multi-modal and situation-aware digital companions. Your job will be working with them to make sure ideas like these become a reality – from ideation to implementation.
Be our point of contact for our internal Siemens business unit customers and government funding agencies to ensure ideas turn into innovations.
• Develop and lead the topic of digital companions: embodiment of AI that offers suggestions on how to achieve user goals.
• Contribute to the ‘Explainable AI’ problem of linking deep semantic models with machine learning predictive capabilities.
• Employ a wide range of research methods including but not limited
to participatory design workshops, formative and summative usability studies, analytics and UX metrics, and stakeholder councils.
• Develop and lead research projects with cross-functional stakeholders including managers, product managers, and engineers, ensuring that all stakeholders participate in the research and experience customer insights.
• Develop, submit, lead government funding grant proposals.
• Be vigilant about technology trends and scientific developments in relevant areas inside and outside of the company, including attending academic and industrial conferences
• Mentor team members and research interns
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Master degree required in computer science / engineering with more than 4 years of experience, PhD preferred
• Track record of developing new ideas in machine learning and applying HCI research methods, as demonstrated by one or more major publications or projects
• AI knowledge including machine learning, and related algorithms and tools
• Development of algorithms and concepts for predictive analytics und anomaly detection, expertise in machine learning, knowledge extraction and knowledge representation.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with government funding, e.g. post-doc at a national lab
• Exposure to industrial automation, building automation, power automation
• Interact with and influence others effectively via teamwork and diplomacy.
• Publications in major HCI/ML/IR/NLP conferences would be a plus. Example: CHI, NIPS, ICML, KDD, WWW, SIGIR, WSDM, ACL, EMNLP
• Experiences in Data Mining, Machine Learning, Stream Mining or Visual Analytics