Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 236535
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Develop a system understanding of the (sub-)system within the intended environment of application
- Develop a validation plan and specify the essential tasks and activities for (sub)-system validation and come to an agreement with the assessor the completeness and thoroughness of the validation effort.
- Review the (sub-)system requirements against the intended environment/use
- Review the (sub-)system against the functional requirements to ensure all of these are fulfilled
- Evaluate that the applied process and the developed system conform with the requirements of the required standards, including the assigned sil
- Evaluate that the correctness, consistency and adequacy of verification and testing is performed
- Check the correctness, consistency and adequacy of test cases and executed tests
- Ensure all validation plan activities are carried out
- Review and classify all deviations in terms of risk (impact) and records and submits the deviations to the body responsible for change management and decision making
- Give a recommendation on the suitability of the (sub-)system for intended use and indicate any application constraints as appropriate
- Capture deviations from the validation plan
- Carry out audits, inspections or reviews on the overall project (as instantiations of the generic development process) as appropriate in various phases of development
- Review and analyze the validation reports relating to previous applications as appropriate
- Review that developed solutions are traceable to the (sub-)system requirements
- Ensure that the related hazard logs and remaining non-conformities are reviewed and all hazards closed out in an appropriate manner through elimination or risks control/transfer measures (only if equipment is safety related)
- Develop a validation report
- Approve or disapprove the release of the (sub-)system
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience in Integration Engineering.
- 3 -5 years experience and familiarity with the latest technology trends in hardware/software engineering, system test and systems engineering.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and various test methodology.
- Strong focus on software quality and customer satisfaction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Typically manages multiple exempt-level employees and/or other managers.
- Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Experience in the Rail industry.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.