Industrial Networking Services Engineer-FL-IL-DC-TX
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 236537
Primary Location: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Troy, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Industrial Networking Services Engineer
Siemens Industry – Commination and Identification (CI): The CI business unit has an Industrial Networking Services Engineer position open with a focus on networking infrastructure products and technologies as they relate to automation systems/utilities/and transportation (rail,ITS).
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial networking solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
• Acts as the subject matter expert on networking infrastructure products and technologies in the Siemens RuggedCom and Scalance product family while executing assigned service requests.
• Demonstrate a combination of technical and project management skills.
• Applies acquired process, product and/or equipment knowledge based on current industry trends, best practices, performance, price and functionality.
• Provides technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions.
• Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and solution prototypes.
• Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
• Resolves very complex technical problems to meet customers' needs.
• Perform on-site activities that include configuration of switches and routers, network integration with third party components, testing and troubleshooting networks, performing system tests with reports as required, and optimizing existing networks.
• Provide post and Pre-sales support for the RuggedCom and Scalance products.
• Generates technical collateral such as application notes and examples for reuse by others.
• Develop and/or deliver training courses to customer and partners.
• Implements a yearly learning and development plan focusing on technical skills and engineering soft skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
A Network Services Engineer is experienced in networking architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting, analyzing, and troubleshooting complex solutions. Extensive knowledge in network infrastructure with a focus on how it relates to the automation/utility/transportation systems is required. This position requires an individual with very strong technical selling skills and the ability to think outside-of-the-box to address the most complex applications with the most compelling arguments.
Technical Skills Required
• Network design within IT and Automation platforms. (Topologies, Rings, Routing, VLAN, VRRP).
• WLAN design under IEEE 802.11 and knowledge in Rapid Roaming, IPCF, IPCF-MC.
• Networking analysis knowledge and proficiencies in Wireshark, SNMP, NMap, Wireless Site Surveys, Modeling, and Simulation Tools.
• Strong understanding of ITOT and Digitalization.
• Advanced Protocol knowledge in Automation, IT, SCADA, Security, and MES.
• Extensive knowledge in Profinet/Profibus/Profisafe.
• Cellular 3G/4G knowledge
• Controllers (PLCs)/HMI Systems
• Engineering Soft Skills Required
• Solution fitting
• Troubleshooting/Fault analysis
• Proof of concept
• Tech selling
• Bachelor of Science/Associate degree in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering/computer science or equivalent technical degree.
• Typically 5-10 years of experience with network infrastructures as it relates to automation/utilities/transportation systems.
• Successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as described above
• Travel 60%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Prior Siemens automation/networking experience is a plus.
• Networking Certifications such as CCNP or Siemens certifications.
• Cyber Security Certifications such as GICSP.
• Experience in VMware and virtualization.
• Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives
• Strategic Agility: Is future oriented. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Strong in influencing without control
• Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks
• Business acumen: Knows how business works and is aware how the strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends and information affecting the business
• Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization. Is able to work effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities
• Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and services.