Benefits Consultant, NAM
Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 236539
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit:
The Benefits Consultant is a subject matter expert specializing in U.S. Benefits Programs (Health & Group Benefits and Qualified/Non-qualified Retirement Plans) and/or Canadian Benefits & Pension Plans. This individual supports the development, design, strategy, implementation and ongoing governance of Siemens’ benefits programs along with Corporate M&A benefits related activities. This role works closely with leadership to ensure Siemens benefits programs remain competitive, innovative, and meet all regulatory requirements. The individual serves as a liaison between the benefits function, the business and other support functions -- consulting on benefits trends and complex benefits issues, as well as supporting ad hoc initiatives. The position reports to the Senior Manager of North American Benefits.
- Supports the development, design, strategy implementation and governance of existing and enhanced benefit programs along with related benefit communication.
- Analyzes Siemens’ competitive position in the marketplace to formulate cost-effective benefits strategies.
- Leads vendor meetings, on-site reviews and the RFP vendor selection process.
- Partners with the plan record keeper, trustee and internal parties in administering plan benefits
- Provides compliance oversight related to Siemens’ benefits plans and provides subject matter expertise to senior leadership
- Ensures external vendors administer benefit plans appropriately and that issues are resolved timely and accurately
- In close collaboration with legal counsel, maintains and interprets plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) language
- Monitors and communicates legislative updates; researches and resolves complex benefits issues
- Collaborates with Siemens’ divisions, internal counsel, and the finance organization to support benefits activity related to Corporate Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Divestitures
- Supports the due diligence process, comparing the benefit programs of potential acquisitions to those offered by Siemens
- Collaborates with the internal finance organization to coordinate asset transfers to/from the retirement plans
- Supports the integration and communication of the Siemens benefit programs for newly acquired employees
- Works with an eye toward continuous improvement and proactively provides thoughtful recommendations
- Supports special projects, including response to emergency situations or natural disasters
- Supports union negotiations
- BS/BA required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with H&GB benefits and retirement programs
- Strong knowledge of health & group benefits plans, including plan designs and pricing strategies
- Strong knowledge of DB and DC plans, including Supplemental Non-Qualified Retirement and Executive Deferred Compensation Plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate benefits information across a large organization
- Strong attention to detail with sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to support multiple projects concurrently and prioritize rapidly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and is team-oriented.
- Working knowledge of US and/or Canadian Benefits legislation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint