Image Analytics Intern
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 236553
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Image Analytics Intern – Siemens Healthcare syngo US Innovation group
Siemens Healthcare in Malvern, PA has research intern openings in the areas of computer vision, pattern recognition, and machine learning for medical imaging and text analytics applications.
The intern will join our innovation group in solving exciting and challenging research problems with real-world medical applications. Our group delivers medical image/text analysis software applications for medical data analysis and understanding, supporting clinicians and other medical professionals. We are well recognized for delivering cutting-edge intelligent solutions to Siemens 3D workstations and medical imaging scanners. Our group also has strong publication record in top tier journals and conferences.
· Contribute to research projects to develop intelligent solutions for medical imaging and text analytics
· Conduct fast prototyping, feasibility studies for exploratory clinical research
· Support the productization of research prototypes
Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering, Electric Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related field.
· Strong research capability in computer vision, machine learning, text analytics and medical image analysis, proved by publications in journals/conferences.
· Research experience in image/text analytics using large scale, weakly supervised / unsupervised learning algorithms (e.g., deep learning) is preferred.
· Research experience in medical image/text analysis of different modalities (CT, MRI, PET, medical reports etc.) is preferred.
· Experience in dealing with big, distributed data, is preferred.
· Strong programming ability is required. Proficiency in programming using C/C++ (required) and Python (preferred).
We request the internship to be at least 3 months. Longer term is preferred.