Associate Project Manager - Building Automation
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236577
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Assists in the development of project/program plans. Assists in the delivery of routine projects or programs. Assists in routine project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). Assists with technical review of system design and documentation. Assists in continuous improvement activities. May assist in sales activities and client relationship.
small to mid-size jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer
acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning,
estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and
warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at
final project completion.
Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
- Associates degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field.
- Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required (CAPM with 1 year of being hired).
- Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
- Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous project management experience.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelors degree preferred.