Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 236580
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Manufacturing Test Technician’s basic function is supporting manufacturing operations by maintaining the electrical/functional test equipment used in production. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment calibration and when required troubleshooting and repairing equipment and product failures.
- Cooperates with accountable Test Engineer or Production management in the evaluation and interpretation of test results, and recommends ad hoc measures or action plans to resolve yield issues
- Performs routing testing and troubleshooting in a variety of engineering tasks
- Generates and maintains test procedures
- Performs calibration measures for test tools and machines
- Utilizes test instruments to test functional performance of parts, subassemblies and modules
- Compile evaluate and analyze production test data
- Support manufacturing and quality assurance with root cause analysis on test and quality issues
- Provide first line technical support to manufacturing with focus on test equipment and related software
- Maintain production test fixtures
- Operates various types of test equipment
- Assist in assembling and testing product prototypes and engineering samples
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical knowledge in electronic product testing
- Understanding of Functional Test manual and automated test strategies
- Experience in testing and debugging PCBAs to the component level, sub-assemblies and full system integration
- Effective communication skills. Ability to present clear and concise information and to tailor information to the needs of the audience
- Ability to communicate in and comprehend both written and spoken English language for the purpose of understanding training/direction, generate and interpret documentation and to effectively communicate with domestic and international business associates
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment
- Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal supervision
- Work well in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.