Midwest Zone General Manager Building Performance & Sustainability-Midwest States
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236591
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse?
This is the career for you!
The Midwest Zone General Manager Building Performance & Sustainability (BPS)-Midwest States leads, manages, and oversees strategy, sales and operational activities for the Zone BPS business including ESCO, Energy Services, and Data Driven services. Deploy and motivate staff to achieve sales, project development, project implementation and/or service delivery activities. This position will manage 10-12 BPS Sales Executives and Account Executives across IL, WI, MI, IN, IA, NE, MN and KS.
The successful candidate may live in any of the Midwest states listed above, so long as they are near a local and major airport. Relocation is budgeted for the successful candidate if they are not currently living in any of the Midwest states listed above.
You will also develop and maintain personal contact with new and current major customers at the executive level to maximize opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
· You will collaborate with Business Line, Zone Sales and Zone Operations Management regarding BPS strategies, plans, performance and other pertinent conditions. Assist Zone management in the development and execution of BPS strategy and cross-departmental synergy plans at the Zone level. Lead implementation of BPS Target Agreements at the Zone and Branch level including sales forecast, annual budget, profit plan, cost control, and other financial deliverables.
You will manage workforce utilization planning for sales, operations and support functions to ensure effective staffing for current and future business needs. Drive employee development and operational readiness. Advise employees on developing business and implementing sales and operations plans.
· You will develop and maintains personal contact with new and current major customers to maximize opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction and provide support for current and future projects or service contracts. Foster profitable growth through definition and implementation of team-selling
· strategies that expand BPS and BT business with existing customers and/or penetrate new accounts.
· You will be responsible for BPS employee engagement, development, safety and retention activities. Ensures all managers and supervisors foster career development for their employees and manage performance.
· You will ensure compliance with all federal and local rules and regulations applicable to the geographic area as well as all company policies and procedures. Support compliance protocol under the BT Compliance Officer.
· You may work with other Divisions in order to provide comprehensive customer solutions across Siemens’ products and services and be responsible for achievement of all strategic and financial goals within the Zone for BPS (includes ESCO, Energy Services and Data Driven Services).
· You will collaborate with Service Sales Managers and BPS Service Sales to execute the BPS strategy for Energy Services and Digital Services.
· You will drive design, development and implementation of Zone BPS business target agreements and plans including sales, revenue and margin forecast, annual budget, profit plan, cost control, COS utilization and absorption and other financial deliverables based on BT goals and objectives.
· You will direct the implementation of BPS sales and operations solutions and services programs per the BPS Business Line Strategy, LOA Process, Workflow Standards, Quality and Productivity, Safety programs, best practices and other initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
· A minimum of 8 years in sales and/or operations management with demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct personnel toward achievement of a common goal.
· Experience in Performance Contracting or Distributed Energy is preferred.
· Excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors and employees.
· Demonstrated strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a P&L.
· Must be able to travel domestically frequently and up to 50%.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
As part of our recruiting process, if you are selected to move forward, our Talent Acquisition Recruiter will be reaching out to you to complete a phone interview.