Engineering Services Specialist
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 236595
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Customer Clinical Education (CCE) Engineering Services Specialist is a Siemens Healthineers NAM Region customer-facing role that installs, services, maintains and modifies Siemens Laboratory Diagnostic and POC equipment in our Tarrytown, NY Customer Training Center . This position’s primary and initial focus will be supporting the Atellica Solution Customer Training systems, and ensuring systems are in optimal operating condition for customer training use.
The CCE Engineering Services Specialist reports to the site’s Customer Education Training Center Manager at Siemens Healthineers. Primary contacts are with CCE management, team members and our NAM customers.
Perform service, preventative maintenance, modifications, both hardware and software upgrades and installations on Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics instrumentation at the training center with minimal supervision;
- Provide training center system repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs ensuring systems are in optimal operating status for customer training
- Manage and provide quality documentation of instrument logs
- Manage the parts inventory for the systems
- Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers
- Perform necessary administrative duties accurately and in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment
- Strong electronics and computer background needed
- Proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
- Able to work both individually and in an established team setting
- Self-starter with strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations , with strong competency in instrument systems technology to include mechanics, electrical, chemistry, and software technology
- Experience with electronics, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Able to interface with customers in a positive professional manner
- Ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way; ability to troubleshoot from a system wide approach
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be able to utilize computer-based tools for reports, email and for general communication
- At times, willing to work as business needs dictate
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Previous Atellica Solution systems knowledge and service experience is desired
- 2+ years of experience as a medical technologist or field service engineer (biomedical engineer) servicing diagnostic instruments preferred
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Background or coursework in Electronics, chemistry, biology or natural sciences is very helpful.