Application Support Engineer: Combustion & Reacting Flow Applications - Northville, MI, Orlando, FL, Houston, TX or Seattle, WA
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 236612
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Northville
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Washington-Seattle
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Application Support Engineer: Combustion & Reacting Flow Applications - Northville, MI; Orlando, FL; Houston, TX or Seattle, WA
This is a presales role reporting to the Simulation and Test Portfolio Organization. Duties include, alignment of SPLM tools, focusing primarily on CFD and in particular combustion applications, to address customer business issues and challenges. Demonstration of SPLM tools to deliver against customer and industry defined technical requirements.
Participation in customer benchmark activities, proof of concepts, workflow development and customer enablement. Opportunity to impact SPLM product development byrepresenting the voice of the customer.
This position provides opportunities for a significant amount of customer engagement in support of strategic SPLM sales pursuits. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
- Provides presales technical support for the Siemens PLM Simulation Portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to a variety of Siemens PLM customers in the Automotive, Aerospace/Defense, Energy, Oil & Gas and Power Generation Industries
- Develops proof of concepts, demonstrations and executes benchmarks of the Siemens Simulation Portfolio
- Assists in closing sales by demonstrating thevalue and benefits of solutions
- Contributes to the development of simulation software capabilities by evaluating current product functionality; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simulation product development team
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to sales and technical teams.
- Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of the Siemens PLM products
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in
- professional organizations and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or related field, with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills
- Collaborative mindset to take personal ownership of team objectives and proactively complete work independently to meet those objectives
- An adaptive individual with a positive attitude and strong aptitude with the ability to multi-task and be pro-active
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
NOTE: Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A strong background in one or more of the following topics is highly desirable:
- Combustion theory; detailed chemistry; reacting flow modeling including flamelet and species transport models as well as emissions predictions (NOx and Soot); non-premixed and premixed combustion
- Experience with one of more of the following topics is also desired:
- High speed compressible flows, turbulence modeling including LES, conjugate heat transfer, multi-physics such as participating media radiation and Lagrangian sprays.
- Application experience in one or more of the following areas is desired:
- Gas Turbine combustion, Internal Combustion Engines, Process Heaters, Furnaces and Boilers, Ramjet or Scramjets, ConsumerProducts (e.g. cook-top burners, water heaters)
- Experience with STAR-CCM+
- Familiarity with a common object oriented programming concepts and languages (Java, C++, Python, etc.).
- Experience using 3D CAD software, mesh generation software