J1 International Intern
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 236622
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Are you interested in being at the heart of innovation and breakthroughs in medical imaging? Are you interested in empowering medical scanners with intelligence?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for you!
Join our research group within the Digital Technology and Innovation Center at Siemens Healthineers, in Princeton, NJ. The Neuro-imaging and Reconstruction research group has openings for summer internships in medical imaging and deep learning for the summer of 2019. We address a wide variety of medical imaging problems especially in the areas of inverse problems, image analytics in neuro-imaging applications. You will have an opportunity to test and expand your knowledge with a focus on innovation and real-world medical imaging applications. Our group is focusing on wide variety of technologies at the intersection of deep learning and medical imaging and we are looking for team members that are interested in research topics including, but not limited to, deep learning, medical imaging, inverse problems, and image analytics.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems.
- You will contribute to development of a variety of algorithms and systems in neuro-imaging, inverse problems in imaging (including publications).
- You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields of deep learning and medical imaging.
- You will implement concepts and solutions in prototypes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Research, design and implement Machine Learning / Deep Learning algorithms for inverse problems and image analytics in neuro-imaging
- M.S. or ongoing Ph.D. studies in Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience (including Ph.D. study) Expertise and Experience in Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Vision fields
- Strong theoretical and practical background in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Inverse Problems, Applied Mathematics, Medical Imaging
- Strong publication record in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Medical Imaging
- Strong coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++ with proven track record. Experience in GPU programming, scripting languages such as python, Deep learning libraries is a must.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.