Service Coordinator - Dispatcher - Building Automation/HVAC/Fire/Security - Rochester or Corning, NY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236625
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Other Locations: United States-New York-Corning
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Our Rochester, NY branch is seeking a Service Coordinator/Dispatcher to coordinate and schedule Service field employees supporting our local customers. While this position supports Rochester, NY, the Service Coordinator/Dispatcher can work out of either of our office locations in Rochester, NY or Corning, NY. This role works to ensure customer expectations and commitments are met by prioritizing service calls and maintaining effect between field employees and clients.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Serves as the main point of contact for all service customers to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Proactively follows up with customers after completion of service visits.
- Manages decisions regarding the scheduling and movement of staff and materials.
- Schedules and dispatches field labor force to meet customer needs and expectations based on the nature of the call (urgency, contractual obligations, available resources, and customer needs).
- Supports material procurement for customer part sales (pricing part sales, processing orders, and invoicing) as well as internal requests in support of Service projects.
- Performs invoicing for Service Time & Materials calls.
- Effectively utilizes SAP in the delivery and management of service activities: opening service calls, supporting and scheduling planned preventive maintenance visits, updating customer information, creating purchase orders.
- Delivers outstanding customer service.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred, however, candidates with a combination of directly related experience and at least a High School Diploma (or GED equivalency) will also be considered.
- Administrative support experience relevant to the type of service provided by Siemens, or a building technologies field professional interested in this type of office role.
- Experience in Service Call Dispatching and Customer billing/invoicing in a related industry such as HVAC, Automation, Fire, Security, Electrical or Mechanical services strongly desired.
- Must be willing and available to travel 5%
- SAP experience preferred, however, candidates with similar software/database experience will also be considered.
- Other requirements include:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.