Sales Executive - MidWest region
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 236638
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-, United States-Oklahoma-, United States-Texas-, United States-Kansas-, United States-Colorado-, United States-New Mexico-, United States-Nebraska-, United States-Iowa-, United States-Missouri-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Sales Executive- MidWest US
Scope of the Position:
The Digital Grid Solution Sales Executive will establish and lead the sales initiatives to grow the business with new client acquisition and existing client wallet expansion for smart grid solutions, systems and products sold to utilities, large industrial and public sector clients as specified in their Territory Agreement. This role is responsible for delivering on a quarterly basis bookings number across the portfolio of products and services contained within Energy Management Division, business units including but not limited to: Energy Automation, Services, Building Technologies, Industrial Solutions, Industrial Automation, Medium Voltage as well as third-party technologies and services to create best-in-class Smart Grid solutions.
• Organize and lead virtual teams across multiple Digital Grid product lines to respond to a customer requests for complex system solutions
• Collaborate and communicate with Sales teams in Siemens Industry, Energy, and the Technical Business Development Managers in Smart Grid Business Units to open sales channels and increase sales
• Develop and execute the strategic plan of operations for bookings and present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management
• Develop specific territory and opportunity plans, critical to success in this role
• Proven ability to drive and leverage CxO level relationships
• Attend industry trade shows, prepare customer presentations, and proficiently demonstrate complex software solutions to clients.
Qualifications & Expectations:
• 8+ years of business experience selling enterprise software and complex solutions to the utility, commercial and /or energy verticals.
• Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines.
• Demonstrated experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes - product and software solution sales in large matrix organizations.
• Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and have the ability to work though others is required. Possess persuasive presentation and effective communication skills--both verbal and written.
• Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time.
Bachelor's Degree required, additional Masters in Business Administration is preferred.
*The Sales Executive may live anywhere within the region - with easy access to a major airport.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.