Supplier Quality Engineer-Paint/Coating Support Services
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 236662
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Supplier quality professional with a very strong quality background in problem solving and issue resolution on supplier parts.
The position directly reports to Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Supplier Quality Manager, selected candidate will be an individual contributor with no direct reports.
Strong communication skills and ability to work and prioritize in a fast paced environment are critical for success in this position.
- Assessment, qualification and development of paint/coating & Fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) processes and capabilities at suppliers.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting Siemens requirements.
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Develop methods for inspection, testing, sampling and training. Understanding and experience in metrology, drawing knowledge, measurement and the use of Coordinate measurement and metrology equipment.
- Aide manufacturing in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials following a defined new product development process. Review and implement an effective PPAP process at Siemens suppliers.
- Develop long term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
Specific Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience with PPG, Martin Senour, and AXALTA coatings.
- Knowledge of Industrial Paint Manufacturing Process, Paint Durability and Reliability Testing Processes; Coatings Failure Analysis.
- At least 3 years of working experience measuring paint quality including blast profiles, orange peel, ability to measure wet (wft) and dry film thickness (dft), gloss and color measurements (dE).
- 30% travel requirement including some international travel.
- Experience problem solver as an individual and leading a group, soft skills should include highly credible team player based on related experience and strong written, verbal communication skills, patient, action oriented, and able to utilize resources outside quality area.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of model development. compression, open, Infusion, LRTM molding; mold manufacturing, and FEA.
- Prefer Certified/Trained professional for Industrial and Finishing Applications.
- Prefer Certified Quality Engineer(CQE)
- 5 years of experience in Quality field related to Rail Industry.