Supplier Quality Engineer- Electrical Support Services
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 236666
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Supplier quality professional with a very strong quality background in problem solving and issue resolution on supplier parts.
The position directly reports to Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Supplier Quality Manager, selected candidate will be an individual contributor with no direct reports.
Strong communication skills and ability to work and prioritize in a fast paced environment are critical for success in this position.
- Assessment, qualification and development of Electrical/Electronic system suppliers.
- Evaluates supplier’s electrical systems, products, components, and applications against technical and quality requirements. Review and implement an effective PPAP process at Siemens suppliers.
- Experience and working knowledge of electrical Control systems, PCB’s & wire harness designs/concepts.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capabilities of consistently meeting Siemens requirements.
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Develop methods for inspection, testing, sampling and training. Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Develop long term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
Specific Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronic or equivalent
- At least 8 years of experience dealing with electrical/electronic systems.
- At least 5 years of working experience in new product development, testing and Inspection.
- 30% travel requirement including some international travel.
- Cross-functional work experience in major areas such as product engineering, supply management, project management, manufacturing, or operations
- Experience problem solver as an individual and leading a group, soft skills should include highly credible team player based on related experience and strong written, verbal communication skills, patient, action oriented, and able to utilize resources outside quality area.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience working as an Electrical system integrator preferred.
- Prefer Certified Quality Engineer/Manager(CQE/CQM)
- 5 years of experience in Quality field related to Rail Industry