R&D Director - Rail Automation
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 236688
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
- Lead the PTC (Positive Train Control), Systems & Software organization in a strategic, but traditional R&D leadership role - people management, process, product and system development.
- Lead Engineering activities covering all aspects of requirements engineering, Systems Design, Agile SW development, test, and V&V.
- Support execution of, and investment in, engineering projects within an international organization.
- Explore strategic consulting opportunities and ensures set-up of appropriate proposals (e.g. Organizational setup).
- Support strategic, operational and organizational recommendations for the future development of rail automation services. Decide on budget and resource allocations.
- Handle Systems & Software development for critical programs and assignments, in terms of progress, budget alignment, communication.
- Orchestrate the improvement of internal methodologies and knowledge of the respective industry and transfer of knowledge.
- Responsible for all systems and solutions development activities in the assigned organization of a business.
- Develop strategies and implements innovation programs to increase global competitiveness.
- Define function related strategies, policies and guidelines for the assigned part of the organization.
- Use international R&D network and drive towards effective international teamwork
- Support customer projects, bids, and proposals – ensure dedication to project deliverables
- Handle competence development with your team in a changing environment
- Lead change programs
- BA or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong interpersonal, management, negotiation and presentation skills
- Advanced to expert proficiency in program management with large, complex new initiatives
- 10 years of diverse roles and growing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programs
- Prior experience in the rail industry.
- Project management experience
- Change management
- Customer relation and interaction and negotiation
- Creative and critical thinking
- Domestic and International travel required – up to 2 weeks/month domestic, trips to Europe as needed
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development