Accounting Policy Manager
Business Unit: Accounting and Controlling
Requisition Number: 236692
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Are you an experienced Accounting professional looking for an exciting new challenge? Join Us!
You will have the opportunity to work in an international environment for Siemens Financial Services which is the captive finance arm of Siemens (83bn revenue, active in over 200 countries/ regions). The Siemens Financial Service Accounting and Controlling group is responsible for the Americas business (USD 14bn assets under management) and continues its growth path.
In this role you will support the head of the Accounting Concepts group in ensuring compliance with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (based on IFRS accounting principles) and in particular facilitate the identification, documentation and resolution of a broad spectrum of complex accounting decisions. You will implement changes due to new or amended accounting standards throughout the organization in a timely and diligent manner. Another task will be to analyze and suggest accounting treatment for new products. A further focus is to analyze and prepare relating accounting information for the management, which includes the automation of underlying information gathering and reports within current digitization initiatives.
You will also have the opportunity to move into a team lead role managing a medium sized team.
- Evaluate existing accounting practices in order to ensure compliance with the Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (based on IFRS accounting principles). This includes balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and notes (ADSTAR) disclosure requirements. Draft Accounting memos as necessary.
- Act as key US Accounting resource to evaluate changes to Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines, evaluate potential impact for SFS US and lead implementation.
- Review and interpret new products, and variations of existing products, and evaluate technical accounting and reporting treatment in line with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines.
- Escalate, communicate and present necessary changes/new products/decisions to the management team.
- Prepare financial information for the management and present it on a regular basis.
- Drive automation of information gathering from month end close to presentation of information to the management and EY.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to understand broad based financial and accounting concepts (IFRS or US GAAP)
- Strong analytical skills to analyze complex accounting/reporting issues
- Familiarity with closing systems (e.g. SAP and HfM) and strong knowledge of presentation/analytical programs (ppt, tableau, think-cell)
- Being an outstanding team player and being adaptable to a fast changing environment
- Being experienced / open to digitalization environment
- Working knowledge of financial reporting (IFRS or US GAAP), balance sheet and income statement review and broad knowledge of finance and accounting
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) within the team and cross-functionally
- Apply a customer service approach with internal departments
- Willing to lead and put forth new ideas that think critically of the processes to help further advance the unit
Required Education and Experience
- Masters or Bachelors degree
- Minimum 8 years of experience in public accounting or auditing
- CPA preferred
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS or US GAAP) required
- Experience in financial services desirable, ideally in lending, leasing or equity investments