Project Manager - R&D
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 236698
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Engineering Project Manager
As an Engineering Project Manager at Siemens Building Technologies, you will lead interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for ensuring that the technical and commercial project targets are met according to business target agreements.
- Responsible for execution, delivery and reporting of complex technical projects according to Siemens process.
- Collaborate globally and locally with all disciplines to define and manage project schedule, budget, risks, and features.
- Identify opportunities and perform resource allocation management for multiple concurrent projects.
- Collaborate with line management to facilitate building effective project teams.
- Act as a technical design resource on projects, contributing to implementation and review of project work items and when appropriate challenge estimates and work item completion.
- Use staged gate, agile and SAFe methodologies for project execution framework.
- Facilitate execution of continuous improvement plans using lean methodologies.
- Ensure project work items are appropriately captured, controlled and archived.
- Perform active role in managing client relationship to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify resource needs and provide justification to acquire those resources.
- Troubleshoot and resolve project related and inter-personal problems.
- Consistently use excellent communication skills towards team members and management with strong awareness of cultural differences.
- Some travel required (~10%).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, where required. Certification may be required in some areas such as Management of R&D Projects, PMP or Certified Scrum Master.
- Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Typically 3-5 years of experience in a directly related field and demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.