Repair Service Engineer- (Steam Turbine/Turbo Compressor)- Houston, TX
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 236711
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation,
transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions
– from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’
portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines
for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications,
power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and
related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
As a Repair engineer's your main duties are to provide expertise Repair Engineering support for all product Lines in the service centers. This includes all Siemens and D-R equipment as well as, all other OEMs. The Repair Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to the department, mentoring project engineers, providing technical support to customers and others throughout the services organization.
- Supply Engineering support to help resolve repair issues in the Service centers and at customer site.
- Provide Engineering support to troubleshoot operational issues.
- Become familiar with all existing DR processes and procedures.
- Recommend, qualify and implement new repair procedures
- Develop new repair standards
- Develop repair templates to be used in the DR operating system.
- Assist in qualifying service centers for specific repair processes(ex. riveting, thermal sprays) as well as general product repair capability(ex. Datum disassembly/reassembly)
- Review repair opportunities and identify possible Risks.
- Review repair opportunities for applicability of upgrades and revamps
- Make decisions on acceptability of components that do not meet new equipment drawing tolerances/requirements or current repair standards.
- Interface with factory(PCC) product engineering as necessary
- Review and evaluate customer repair scopes to determine feasibility of repairs
- Handle customer complaints and develop corrective actions for any repair non-conformances
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical/Industrial/Engineer Technology)
- 8 years professional experience in an engineering role related to the repair of turbomachinery
- Hands on Experience within Repair Shop utilizing problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with other functions within depts.
- Strong communications within all levels
- Experience with customer interfacing
- Experience with at least one of the following; centrifugal compressors, steam turbines, reciprocating compressors, integral gas engines, hot gas expanders.
- Travel up to 20% domestic/international
- Auto CAD
- Experience repairing turbomachinery
- Knowledge of Siemens and Dresser-Rand equipment