Repairs Service Center Manager- (Rotating Equipment)-Greater Philadelphia area
Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 236717
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
The Repairs Service Center Manager (Rotating Equipment) is responsible for supporting the client service function in the Service Center, leading the production team and acting as a primary liaison for correspondence and communications with clients, as well as providing quotations.
- Drive and understand all rules and procedures to adhere to safety culture/environment.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships and client communication
- First-line contact between a client and / or sales Account Manager for repair work
- Work with the Lead Hands and Account Managers to develop quotations for repair work with associated detailed costs.
- Responsible for ensuring 100% compliance that Purchase Order matches customer quote.
- Accountable for reporting Bookings or Change Orders are entered within 24 hours of receipt from Client
- Responsible for assure the repair center operates under proper engineering functions and instructions.
- Issue and verify shop routing sheets for procedure / specification / hold point requirements and applicability prior to start of job
- Participate in project review and shipment meetings with team management.
- Responsible to manage, track and report WIP (Work in Process)
- Implement / participate in Warranty, Corrective Action, Preventative Action and Implementation
- Assist in the inventory control / storage of customer property
- Reporting of any non conformances
- Responsible for shop budgetary and monitoring actual costs
- Responsible for entering of purchase requisitions for parts, labor or external services needed, into electronic work order.
- Bachelors Degree or 8 years on operations/repairs environment
- 2+ years of managing a team of up to 20 associates
- Familiarity and experience with turbo-machinery and rotating equipment repairs
- Strong knowledge of product and machine shop operations
- Ability to quote, direct, schedule and plan shop work projects
- Client-driven attitude with focus on Safety, Quality, meeting the Clients' requirements and Cost Effectiveness
- Strong communications skills at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to client facing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple duties and responsibilities at one time
Preferred Skills/Experience, Knowledge
- Project Management experience
- SAP experience
- Experience in planning, estimating and procurements of engineering/materials