Credit and Collections Representative
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 236721
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- Handles and reconciles complex accounts with geographically dispersed business with centralized payment processes.
- Maximizes cash collection to meet/exceed monthly cash targets.
- Maintains accuracy, integrity, and completeness of the accounts receivable portfolio by resolving bill disputes and collecting past due receivables.
- Places collection calls to customers in assigned queue in Get Paid (collection platform).
- Performs related follow-up such as reconciliation, administrative paperwork, etc.
- Verifies and processes all lien releases.
- Processes credit card requests.
- Adjusts transactions, credit, writes-off bad debt, concessions, and reviews refunds for customer's portfolio.
- Performs reconciliations of. unapplied cash, submits refunds as needed as well as enters Tax exempt certificated to the Tax Ware.
- Coordinates resolution of issues by key internal and supports Manager in daily activities.
- Suggests credit holds and prepares escalation packages for Legal/3rd party collection.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: 3+ years of Credit and Collections experience.
- Other requirements:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Analytical skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Preferred education: Associate’s degree
- Preferred experience: SAP, Get Paid experience preferred.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.