Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 236726
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- The main objective of the position is to maintain control of activities that drive cost and preserve the ability to collect balances from customers
Primary accountabilities include monitoring goods and invoices received and credit card transactions with a goal of reducing the aging of open line items. An additional accountability is preserving the company’s lien rights by filing court notices in a timely manner.
The position is part of the Zone Controller’s organization and reports directly to the Zone Controller.
- Process lien notices and/or submit relevant data to third-party providers to process preliminary lien notices.
- Process subcontractor and third-party material invoices through the accounts payable system.
- Compile list of open goods and invoices received. Ensure open items are not aging and are resolved.
- Process purchase card requests.
- Ensure open purchase card transactions are submitted and approved for payment in a timely manner.
- Book and bill orders during times of high volume
- Cross train with other members of General Accounting to act as a back-up for other general accounting activities such as payroll, certified payroll, ROCIP and audits.
- An Associate’s Degree in Accounting with two years of experience or a Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Travel will be minimal, approximately 5%
- Proficiency with Excel and some knowledge of SAP
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3.0 GPA
- Some experience in the construction industry
- Focused ability to work consistently toward meeting productivity objectives
- Preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.