Siemens HealthineersBusiness Unit:
Laboratory DiagnosticsRequisition Number:
United States-Delaware-NewarkAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Associate's Degree / College DiplomaTravel Required:
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineersJob Description:
The Siemens Healthineers Lab Diagnostics Mechanical Engineering organization is focused on the development and testing automated medical devices for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) working with infectious diseases, oncology, cardiac markers, fertility testing, thyroid function, clinical chemistries and other clinical applications. From an engineering standpoint these medical devices rely on precision mechatronics, robotics, fluid delivery systems and thermal controls to allow for the accurate and precise reporting of patient assay results.
The Medical Device Engineer/Biochemist 2 will work with the R&D Fluidics Team and be directed by the Subsystem Team Lead (SSTL) and will be responsible for developing and/or following protocols to execute the fluidics test needed. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, building, purchasing, and servicing the necessary equipment needed to perform the required test. Test data collection, test results and organizational skills are key components for this position. We are looking for a tech with experience in lab testing (for medical devices would be ideal) to come in and work with the Siemens team and drive functional excellence and help develop world class fluidics for our medical device instruments. This position requires an associate degree or 10+ years of experience.
The Engineer/Biochemist 2 position is open to our Glasgow, DE site. The tech may have to work with Siemens personnel at any of our three sites (Glasgow, DE – Flanders, NJ – Tarrytown, NY). There is an expectation of travel as needed to the Siemens and external developer sites. The position reports to the R&D Fluidics Team Lead within the Design Engineering function of the Global Engineering Organization (GEO).
· Support/Perform Bench and instrument based test needs for Fluidics Development team
· Maintain Fluidics laboratory and equipment
· Develop and assemble test fixtures
· Develop test protocols
· Conduct tests ranging from single measurements to DOE/Robust Optimizations
· Conduct Inspections of parts
· Write Reports/K-briefs documenting testing
· Suggest improvements, next steps, etc.
· Troubleshooting/Root Cause Investigation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Execute test protocols using electromechanical equipment
· The ability to write Test protocols and test reports
· Develop technical methods or processes
· Modify, maintain, and repair electromechanical equipment
· Maintain organization, safety, and capabilities of a laboratory and equipment
· Understanding of Labview
· Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodologies desirable
· Experience with Design for Six Sigma/Robust Optimization/Taguchi methodologies
· Understanding of new product development process’ and procedures
· Good communication skills, written and oral
· The ability to relate well and establish credibility at all levels of the organization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Associates degree or equivalent laboratory experience (10+ years)