Lean Professional - Business
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 236751
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Description Template
Supports Lean program implementation throughout the organization. Advise, inspire and mentor the employees towards driving the organization to lasting Lean way of work training and coaching them in the Lean philosophy approach to establish a common Lean understanding and culture. Help employees become role model themselves. Support of Initiation, coordination, alignment and implementation of a holistic Lean program with focus on sustainable and measurable business process improvement. Actively participate in all continuous improvement programs and initiatives as part of an agreed upon common masterplan. Performs, and implements process improvement initiatives. Maps and evaluates existing processes. Organizes, leads, and facilitates cross-functional project teams. Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying root cause of problems. Measures performance against process requirements. May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control. Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes. High knowledge of Lean tools. Complete analysis of existing methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification discontinuance, or other methods. Completes recommendations for processes that ensure alignment with strategic direction.
• Perform cost and benefit analysis.
• Participate in Lean implementation and technology roadmap definition.
• Support Digitalization initiatives and implementation.
• Define mechanisms to capture all nonproductive activities (NCC’s, Rework hours, time utilization, etc.) and define/suggest countermeasures.
• Develop, recommend, and implement cost savings ideas.
• Support Lay-Out definition and control and develop improvement scenarios.
• Executes continuous improvement idea projects with minimal supervision.
• Support proper documentation of processes.
•.Participate and lead lean assessments.
• Provide mentoring and advising to junior members on the team.
• Develop and maintain interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside the organization.
• Apply new concepts to develop and demonstrate technical competence.
• Take initiative as problems and opportunities arise by anticipating and meeting customer needs (internal and external and company expectations.
• Communicate technical and complex concepts to ensure that they are well understood.
• Act as a role model and adviser to junior members of the team to facilitate learning, consistency, and technical of the team.
• Change Management process.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or a related field.
• 8-10 years’ experience working in Manufacturing, lean lead/facilitator or related experience (Focus on Operational Excellence)
• Experience with workspace layout, ergonomic studies, and lean manufacturing.
Lean tool required knowledge.
• Shop Floor Management
• Value Stream Map
• Poka Yoke
• Milk run
• Lean Cell Design
• Visual and manual dexterity to perform daily computer functions.
• Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work in and around an office and production environment.
• Green Belt certification.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.