Site Material Logistics Prof.-WI
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 236765
Primary Location: United States-Wisconsin-Rothschild
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry Inc. is looking for a Logistics Specialist to join the team at their facility in Rothschild, WI. Siemens/Rothschild is a build-to-order design/engineering/ manufacturing company that builds products for the Oil and Gas Industry, the Chemical Industry and the Municipal Wastewater Industry. Products are custom engineered and include structures, piping, electrical and instrumentation. Raw materials and parts are imported and/or purchased domestically. Finished products are shipped domestic and/or exported and range in size from small packages to items weighing as much as 50 tons.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for handling all aspects of receiving and shipping products for the Siemens/Rothschild, WI facility. Both receiving and shipping will consist of domestic and international shipping including worldwide importing and exporting and shipments between foreign countries. This position arranges inbound and outbound domestic and international shipments, arranging export packaging, warehouse control, material distribution in the Siemens shop, preparing export shipping documents, reviewing bid documents, preparing cost estimates and maintain project budgets.
- Prepares commercial invoices
- Prepares detailed packing lists and notes
- Obtains certificate of origins
- Obtains export license
- Prepares Shippers Letter of Instruction (SLI)
- Creates AES filings
- Books air and ocean shipments
- Works with Letters of Credit
- Understands Shipping Marks
- Creates Verified Gross Mass (VGM) document
- Arranges domestic trucking
- Obtains quotes and create purchase order requisitions for freight forwarders
- Determines HTS codes
- Obtains air, ocean and truck quotes and issues purchase orders
- Arrange hazardous shipments and issues IMO Dangerous Goods Declarations
- Arranges international country to country shipments.
- Understand the workings of SAP
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of the logistics field.
- Candidate must have a BA/BS degree in engineering or design or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must possess excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation
- A Team Player that can take the lead and guide peer departments and functions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with SAP System