Solutions Business Developer – Electrical Infrastructure Digitalization and IoT
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 236781
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-District of Columbia-Washington, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The Digital Solutions and Services business has an exciting new opportunity! If you have a successful track record of developing and executing detailed business development plans, selling complex solutions into strategic accounts, have a passion for driving digitalization and being part of a highly dynamic team, we want to talk to you!
The Solution Business Developer will be responsible for being a highly effective member of the DSS business development organization working with sales teams and business units to develop and drive the mutual success of customers and partners across the United States. This individual will be part of a highly dynamic team within Energy Management division, driving the future of Siemens in the digitalization market.
The primary portfolio the DSS business is focused on is Low Voltage & Products (LP) digitally enabled energy monitoring with devices, smart electrical infrastructure such as sm@rt gear, integrated solutions with commissioning / integration services. Technical knowledge and solution design ability will allow the person to manage our go to market strategy with our customers in collaboration with the sales teams as well as partner with solution partners / integrators, distributors and OEM’s.
· Manage vertical markets and customers to achieve bookings and sales targets
· Provide excellent speaking and presentation skills to present DSS solutions
· Understand the competitive energy monitoring and sm@rt offerings – can be learned once hired
· Develop a monthly report covering the vertical market overview, sales opportunities, marketing information, competitive information, etc.
· Manage bookings forecast, quote / opportunity pipeline in Siemens Philos system
· Understand electrical one-line, nomenclature, and basic knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical equipment
· Understand Internet of Things (IoT) solution and Siemens offerings (can be learned)
· Bachelor degree with minimum of 5+ years of experience in business development and/or sales in the areas of electrical infrastructure, software, Cloud or IoT
· Demonstrated track record of developing and executing detailed business development plans and or selling complex solutions into strategic accounts
· Measurable results in business development management and closing lead deals with sales
· Broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those Areas of particular emphasis are:
- Electrical Infrastructure (e.g. switchboards, breakers, meters, relays)
· Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships and engage at strategic levels across large complex end user organizations, partner organizations, sales organizations and divisional business units
· Excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities
· Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel
· Proven ability to be successful while operating with autonomy
· Experience developing and or selling OEM-based solutions
· Deep customer and partner management experience across all levels of an organization (shop floor to CXO)
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing. Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.