Organization: Digital Industries Business Unit: Software Requisition Number: 236798 Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia Assignment Category: Full-time regular Experience Level: Senior level Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
The position of Senior Director of Software Engineering for Industries group is primarily responsible for delivery of cross-product solutions aligned to target Industries and to target solution domains. An overview of target Industries is available on the web at: https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/industries/
The secondary responsibility of this position is to facilitate strategic special assignment(s).
Delivery of cross-product solutions is done with activities in two broad areas: (i) Outbound: Managing a group of software engineers to create solutions in-house, harvest solutions from customer implementations and facilitate niche technology partners to create suchsolutions (ii) Inbound: Driving enhancements into core products by providing technically detailed input to product segments.
This position is responsible for delivery of solutions for all target Industries (at present 8). It requires close interaction with key senior leaders in Services, Products and Peers (an executive focused on each one of the target Industry). The position reports to SVP of Industries and leads a team (of 40) spread across US and India.
Primary success indicators for the position include the ability for sales to differentiate Siemens value proposition and the ability of services to accelerate customer’s time to value using delivered solutions.
Strategic special assignments can be on a variety of topics based on your background and company needs. Examples include technology maturity assessments of internal initiatives or key partner offerings, competitive benchmarks, evaluation of new trends in computing etc. The stakeholders with whom this role interfaces are globally distributed.
• Create, maintain and execute roadmaps for solutions in close collaboration with the leader for each target Industry.
• Define solution delivery projects, decide the delivery method and execute with appropriate program management methods and quality gate processes.
• Create and update resource allocation model and maintain a consensus of priorities with the peer group.
• Promote re-use of solutions from field implementations:
• Collaborate with services leadership to harvest customer engagements.
• Refine and formalize the collaboration model.
• Drive adoption of new tools to capture key implementation artefacts for customer engagements.
• Promote creation of solutions from niche technology partners.
• Collaborate with stake-holders for partner engagement, define and monitor delivery status.
• Synthesize key issues discovered during solution delivery process as prioritized technical input to product segments.
• Strategic projects: Define charter for special projects with minimal input from senior leadership, confirm scope and deliverables, execute in time bound manner and provide succinct report-out.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Ability to map business understanding to technical deliverables:
Ability to grasp revenue numbers, trends by product lines and geography/channel to have clear understanding how to drive priorities of technical projects.
• Continue to have a clear understanding of evolving macro-trends in software business model – cloud computing, infrastructure capabilities, licensing and monetization models. Resulting implications and high-level requirements on technical projects.
• Polished soft skills; articulate communication style based on audience need, provide leadership in a diverse peer group and ability to negotiate priorities.
• Broad understanding of PLM portfolio across M-CAD/E-CAD/1-D, 3-D CAE for mechanical, electrical and electronics, ALM, Manufacturing planning/engineering software and manufacturing execution system software.
• At least one engineering software application: Must have 7+ years of progressive software development experience in the relevant area from PLM portfolio. Such experience should span development methodologies, programming processes and detailed architectural insights.
• At least one project for enterprise (n-tier) software application: Must have 7+ years of experience for an implementation or a deployment of PLM or ERP system to large user base. Such experience must have detailed insight into infrastructure planning, software quality assessment, data migration techniques, enterprise integration approaches and organizational change (user adoption) topics.
• Education: At least a Master’s degree in engineering or applied sciences from reputed institute.
• Must have total work experience of 15+ years and must have managed team of senior software engineers for at least 5 years.
• Technical background must have insight into traditional and evolving architecture patterns and programming methods. Includes topics like componentization, bindings, interfaces, abstractions, productivity tools etc.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Project delivery in area of cloud computing, big-data or hardware engineering
• Definition of customer business processes related to PLM using structured method(s).
• Process improvement and lean initiatives champion. Adept at defining and improving relevant metrics.
• Post-merger product road-map integration.
• Differentiated knowledge of product development and product realization process in one or two target Industry.
• Education: Ph. D and/or MBA.
• 2 years of experience working in strategy as a management consultant or as a member of strategy team in a large software company.
• Ability to drive administrative processes (budgeting, hiring, appraisals, procurement) with speed in large organizations.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,