Project Manager - Solution Engineering
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 236831
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
The main objective of this position is to provide engineering and project management support to both the FA OEM business development team and the FA OEM operations group. The position requires a strong knowledge of Siemens SIMATIC, SINAMICS, SIMOTICS and SIMOTION products and how they are best packaged into industrial enclosures for custom applications. The candidate must be trained and have experience with the following topics:
- Selection and sizing of servo motors and drives, preferably SINAMICS and SIMOTICS products
- Experience producing quotations for custom industrial control panels
- Knowledge of UL and CE industrial certifications
- Project management experience to release material through our SAP system and work with procurement and manufacturing to drive the project to a successful completion within time and budget expectations
This position will report directly to the BD2 OEM Business Development Manager within the Digital Factory, Factory Automation, OEM group. The candidate will be expected to work closely with other engineers within the OEM Operations group and support the needs of OEM Business Developers by providing system quotations when custom enclosure solutions are required.
This position requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize dozens of requests based on schedule needs. Candidate may be required to produce Gantt charts on larger projects and to interface directly with our customers on technical details to expedite the process.
Position requires direct interaction with the Siemens sales force on certain projects
- Capable of reading customer specification documents and working with FA OEM Operations Engineering to transform this information into a control system design using Siemens components
- Reading customer supplied AC motor specifications and using Siemens SIZER program to select the correct SINAMICS hardware
- Must size enclosure cooling based on customer specifications
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- An understanding of customer needs in the machinery manufacturing community
- 5+ years of experience in an applications engineering/business development role using motion control, drives and automation products
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred education of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a comparable field
- Experience designing and building industrial control panels
- Possess a strong knowledge of motion control and industrial automation
- Experience working with customers on quotes, proposals and solutions development
- Knowledge of Siemens products or competitor’s motion & automation products is a plus