Area Sales Professional-Motors and Drives-MN
Business Unit: DF / PD Sales
Requisition Number: 236832
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens is in search of a sales professional with experience in selling motors, drives and related services direct or through channel to End Users, EPC’s and OEMS. This position will be reporting to the Region Sales Manager and located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The top candidate chosen for this key role will be responsible for formulating and executing business plans to penetrate and grow industrial accounts in Minnesota, Western Wisconsin and Eastern North Dakota. The product portfolio is primarily focused on low/medium voltage motors and low/medium voltage electrical drives and associated services.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in selling on low/medium voltage motors and low/medium voltage electrical drives
- Demonstrated experience in the use
of CRM tool to track selling activities
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to marshal channel sales resources including distributors and reps to grow market share
- Experience in selling motors and variable frequency drives a strong plus
- Travel: 25%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree highly preferred
- Experience in selling to OEM’s and End Users highly desirable
- Working knowledge of integrated motor and drive solutions is a distinct attribute
- Ability to leverage the sale of the balance of the industrial portfolio including automation, controls and power distribution is an important differentiator.