Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 236860
Primary Location: United States-California-Pomona
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager for our Pomona, CA manufacturing facility. Our growing facility has one hundred and twenty employees, across two shifts that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the western United States market. Our processes include material handling, metal fabrication, final assembly and test. The position is responsible for our site EH&S policies and procedures to eliminate safety hazards, ensure a healthy work environment and minimizing our environmental impact. Additionally, this position will coordinate the site training program for EH&S and other key competencies.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Develops, proposes and implements EHS processes and/or methods.
- Plans and accomplishes roll out of EHS programs or projects, and monitors respective milestone in related organization.
- Analyzes and monitors adherence to EHS standards, and prepares regular EHS reporting.
- Analyzes and reports on changes in relevant EHS laws and regulations, and recommends changes for internal standards.
- Contributes to internal and external EHS audits, in support of accountable EHS officer.
- Prepares regular external EHS reporting for official authorities, or for internal stakeholders.
- Experience with environment, health and safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
- Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
- Team oriented personality who is willing to travel 10% of the time and likes to work in an international environment.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Experience with manual mechanical and electrical assembly processes
- Experience implementing or working with behavioral based safety programs
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 18 days of PTO to start.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.