Supplier Quality Assur. Prof.
Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 236862
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The successful candidate is responsible for the interaction between the Supplier Quality and Manufacturing Plants, Logistics, Purchasing, Engineering, Warehouse, Production line, Services & Commissioning (wind farm).
- Supplier & product qualification.
- Lead/participate on quality issue/s investigation, resolution and preventive measure determination.
- In-charge of Supplier database maintenance.
- Implement Supplier Improvement Plans. (SIP)
Suppliers process Initial assessments, process audits and process re-audits. Lead Auditor Certified
Root cause investigation for failed parts from production, construction, commissioning and services
Quality wall setup at SGRE and vendor for quality issues.
Review corrective action reports from Supplier as they are received.
NCR (8D) review with SQA Denmark, Spain, and China
Update SAP & Supplier database when needed, including QIRs.
Monthly review of NCRs (8D) and key suppliers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in engineering or other technical field
- Minimum 8 years experience as a supplier quality engineer
- Industry/business acumen (specify type and number of years)
- Experience with mechanical components manufacturing- Gear Boxes, Yaw Gears, Yaw Claws, Main Bearings, Blade bearings, Cranes, Hoists, Couplings, Hydraulic systems, cooling systems & Fasteners.
- Travel 50-75%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters degree preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma. Prefer certified Six Sigma Green belt or Black Belt
- Prefer certified ISO9001 lead auditor with APQP and PPAP experience
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish or Chinese highly desirable