Co Operative Student
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 236863
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Walpole Co-op / Internship Fall 2019
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
- The major objective of this internship is to provide support to the engineering department in Walpole. There is a particular need for help because of several large scale equipment validations that are being executed.
· The intern will report to the engineering manager but will be expected to work with and take direction from Senior level engineers
· This is an internship / co-op position
- Overall responsibility — The intern will support both sustaining engineering projects and machine design validations.
- In addition to supporting the Walpole engineering team, the position will provide a student with valuable engineering experience. It will also allow Siemens to evaluate a future engineering candidate.
- Specific job tasks and functions
- Drafting and 3D modeling of existing equipment.
- Drafting and 3D modeling of continuous improvement projects.
- Help executing validations.
- Measurement of parts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required 2 to 3 years of college course work in mechanical, manufacturing, or process engineering
- Zero business travel
- Required knowledge, skills, or expertise
- Solidworks or other 3D modeling experience.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Hands on experience in machine shop or working with equipment or machines is desirable.
- Knowledge in statistical process control a plus
· Opportunity to work within an engineering group that has hundreds of years of combined experience
· Experience in an FDA regulated environment.
· Easy access from I-95
· Onsite cafeteria and exercise room