Senior IT Professional/Project Manager (CRM/CPQ)
Business Unit: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 236864
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit:
Senior IT Professional/Project Manager (CRM/CPQ)
Application Platform & Digital Solutions – Value Center Customer Engagement (CRM)
The Senior IT Professional/Project Manager (CRM/CPQ) will be responsible for planning, implementation and operation of solutions based on specified CRM/CPQ platform (Salesforce CPQ, Vendavo). Responsibilities shall include vendor management and contract administration of salesforce.com licenses. He/she will also be responsible for project management and support of PMO specific activities. This role will serve as a multifaceted IT professional, facilitator, project manager and innovator in driving digital transformation for Customer Engagement. Reports to the Head of Digital Transformation - Value Center Customer Engagement (CRM).
Candidates must have a solid understanding of business process concepts and extensive technical/functional knowledge in CRM/CPQ domain platforms (Salesforce, Vendavo). This role will include additional commercial/financial management skills related to overall license management and charging for the global CRM application based on salesforce.com. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment are essential, as are outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Contributes to and supports planning, budgeting, design, implementation, operation and/or administration of IT systems with focus on CRM/CPQ platforms (especially Salesforce CPQ and Vendavo)
• Perform project management role on specific assigned projects
• Perform as scrum master role on specific assigned projects
• Contract management: license management, order processing, KPIs, charging value flows, etc.
• Communicates with vendors and service providers on an accountable level to solve principle local IT problems
• Prepares and contributes to contractual matters, with external parties (i.e. vendors, clients).
• Identifies IT business goals, objectives and requirements of the business environment.
• Supports customization and specifications of modules and applications, and facilitates IT management processes.
• Advices IT executive management in all IT related issues across the value chain or under specific circumstances.
• Implements IT programs and procedures and monitors IT performance and delivery indicators of service providers.
• Implements PM and PMO guidelines and processes, and manages respective functional organization.
• Administers and ensures adherence of PM policies, guidelines, programs and standards.
• Coordinates upcoming resource requests for projects, to optimize staff utilization.
• Analyzes workflow environment and proposes improvements in PM operations.
• May coordinate relevant unit and integration tests, and designs and documents new processes.
• Supports change-release processes and implementation of IT security guidelines.
• Identifies IT problems and seeks resolutions without impact to end user.
• May perform individual coaching and trainings and be involved in end user engagement.
• Keeps abreast of developments in industry regarding IT trends and technologies in CRM/CPQ
• Ensures effective cooperation with stakeholders; clarifies organizational issues.
• Supports and contributes to specific activities of Project Management Office
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
The successful candidate for this role would have a BS/BA in Information Technology or related discipline or advanced degree. Typically 7-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented below.
The successful candidate for this role would have:
• Salesforce CPQ, Vendavo and other CRM/CPQ platform experience
• Project Manager experience with Project Management methodologies (Agile / Waterfall)
• Commercial/financial background in license management and charging of value flows
• Vendor Management skills (Salesforce, Atos, Oracle, CRM Partners)
• Experience with database systems / SQL (Oracle, SQL Server) for extracting and analyzing data
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Travel up to 25%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Salesforce.com Administrator certification a plus
• Experience with Agile tools (Rally, Jira, etc.) a plus
• Project management / Scrum Master certification a plus
• Proficiency with German language as plus