Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 236880
Primary Location: United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Other Locations: United States-New Mexico-Las Cruces, United States-Texas-El Paso
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is seeking an experienced Field Service Technician for our Fire Service team to support our El Paso TX and New Mexico markets. The technician performs fire alarm system maintenance and repair tasks, as well as inspections to building codes to ensure that our customers’ buildings are safe and operating correctly. This role can be located in El Paso or Las Cruces NM, and will report into our Albuquerque branch.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Provides hands-on technical support to maintain customer Fire Safety systems--including tracing shorts, grounds, and opens; inspecting systems to meet all applicable codes; and working on installations for Move-Add-Change (MAC) requests.
- Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
- Responds to and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Makes recommendations regarding both systems maintenance and installations.
- Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Required experience: One year of experience in the inspection or maintenance of fire safety systems – including experience pulling fire alarm circuits.
- Required travel: 15%
- Other requirements:
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Level I Certification required for hire. Requirement to retain position: Level II Fire Alarm Certification within six months of hire.
- Texas state fire alarm license (FAL)
- Ability to read and comprehend a multimeter.
- A demonstrable understanding of Form C relays and low-voltage circuits
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Other preferences:
- NICET II Certification
- FPLA License
- REMI License
- Programming knowledge of various types of fire systems.
- Understanding of how fire alarm systems interface with all other trades.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.