Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 236894
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Mechanical System Engineering Manager (Snr), is responsible for the mechanical system engineering of the all products (within the Sacramento Engineering Scope of Work) reporting to the VP of Engineering. The main objective of this role is to lead the system engineering effort for customized versions of the current product portfolio capitalizing on the current platforms with the complete ownership of the system integration to agreed customer specified requirements. This role also requires reducing costs of current product and new product development.
- Lead a team of system engineers creating the product deliverables as well as supporting projects, procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty.
- Specify the technical requirements and liaise across departments providing clarity and so forth.
- Be in charge of mechanical systems integration of the complete product lines including agreed customer requirements, mutually agreed scope of work documents and liaise with various engineering COC's, compilation of the Technical Specifications, CDRL's and Design Review Documentation.
- Act as the technical representative and lead in customer proposal meetings. You will ensure support is provided for the customer design reviews.
- Responsible for creating the WBS’s, assigning resources and ensuring that the scheduled release dates are met for all deliverables and across all projects.
- Prepare engineering estimates for customer change orders and future proposal work.
- Manage the budgets for your group.
- Support the procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles.
- Be a direct input into the design packages ensuring that all systems all fully integrated into the vehicles.
- Have overall responsible for the System Integration of your group.
- Travel up to 25% of your time.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree
- Rolling Stock experience a minimum of 10 - 15 years
- Work experience of 15 years as a minimum
- Travel will be about 25%
- Engineering management experience in Rolling Stock projects from start to finish of the Engineering, procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- A BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering as a minimum.
- Rolling Stock Engineering experience and the vehicle platforms they are derived from.
- System Engineering experience.