Research Scientist - Deep Multimedia Analysis
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 236898
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 5%
- Research, design, and implement algorithms in Deep Learning for Multimedia Analysis (e.g. images and texts).
- Contribute to research projects that develop a variety of algorithms and systems in machine learning, multimedia analysis, and natural language processing.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
- Apply image and video analysis techniques such as deep learning to large-scale, real-world problems.
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of multimedia analysis product components.
- Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline required. Strong background in Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing.
- Minimum of 3 years of Graduate research and internship experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing preferred.
- Proven ability to develop new research ideas as demonstrated by a strong publication record and early developments to the level of a working system prototype.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in machine learning and multimedia analysis. Previous experience in Natural Language Processing, Visual Question Answering (VQA) or Visual Dialog preferred.
- Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++ is a must. Further experience in Scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#