Zone Programmer- Northeast Zone
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 236903
Primary Location: United States-New York-Latham
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh, United States-Delaware-Dover, United States-Rhode Island-Cranston, United States-Massachusetts-Canton, United States-Pennsylvania-Blue Bell, United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
This position will be located in the Northeast zone - no primary location.
Deliver a complete programming package to the Project Manager. The package includes the Sequence of Operation, Logic and Functions and pre-tested programming for all projects
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up process to write all programs including sequence of operation with logic and functions after submittal is approved.
- Create functional test and flowcharting documents as required.
- Assist Graphics Designer to incorporate device location and activation information for all graphics design.
- Review design content to provide Specialists with the needed information to optimize Start-up and Commissioning.
- Provide onsite assistance with functional testing as required
- May provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and entry level employees.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- 5+ years of direct or relevant experience
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Physical Demands: Ability to climb ladders.
- Physically capable of regularly lifting 40 lbs.
- Travel expectations: 20%
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.