Senior Director, Manufacturing & Logistics
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 236930
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Senior Director of Manufacturing & Logistics
Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing its largest transformation process. And we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for “Industry 4.0.”
you help us drive our vision for the future? We’re looking for a dedicated
executive with the skills and passion to build a better tomorrow. Join our
Building Technologies team as the Sr. Director, Manufacturing & Logistics
and take the lead in technology projects that will transform entire industries,
cities and even countries. This role is based in Buffalo Grove, IL. But, you’ll
also get to visit other locations in Germany & Switzerland, so you’ll need
to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work
with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to
come. In this role, you will plan and manage the
overall supply chain process for the Fire & Comfort Products Business Unit
including creating and implementing the related manufacturing, logistics, warehousing
and distribution operations plans. You think big in directing all aspects of production,
assembly, manufacturing engineering, production facilities maintenance,
customer service, order management, product forecasting & demand planning,
operational planning & procurement, receiving, inventory management,
shipping and transportation. You will report to the Business Unit Vice
President and lead by example through 10 direct reports to approximately 300
• Develops and coordinates the Siemens supply chain strategy implementation, including future direction of supply chain policies, programs, and processes (including automation, digitalization, agility, LEAN) to ensure the North American business growth and sustainability.
• Drives the supply chain processes ensuring best practice in manufacturability, quality, safety, and customer delivery performance.
• Defines high performing work flows, jobs and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness to meet the business and supply chain requirements.
• Responsible to drive production, labor and capital efficiency
– utilizing the Siemens Production System tools – to ensure continuous
improvements and support the overall business objectives.
• Manages all aspects of production and supply logistics, including multiple organizational budgets within the supply chain, manufacturing and logistics.
• Develops and manages all Key Process Indicators (aligned with the required Siemens manufacturing and logistics KPIs) related to material & finished goods planning, manufacturing and warehouse management for this North American operation.
• Partners with the key business stakeholders, including R&D, product management, sales, service, procurement, sourcing , planning, manufacturing, warehouse & transport management driving continuous improvement ensuring on-time, complete, and compliant deliveries to our customers.
• Identifies, plans and implements solutions with cross-functional teams to ensure resources are applied and allocated to manage the supply chain, manufacturing and logistics efficiently and effectively.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Fifteen to twenty years’ experience in Manufacturing, Logistics and Supply Chain
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Management
• Supply Chain certification (Six Sigma, Lean, APICS, etc.)
• Experience in production, assembly, logistics, inventory control, warehouse and distribution functions
• Knowledge of computer based SAP, Windows, MS Office programs
• Experience with ERP systems applied to a complex manufacturing and materials management environments, firm grasp of planning and purchasing fundamentals
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with other departments, employees, and outside vendors and carriers
• Proven project management and leadership skills
• Knowledge and experience in Lean principles
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Effective time management, problem solving and decision making skills
• Proven cross-functional team leader/member
• Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever changing environment, with minimal supervision
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in business related field
• Siemens Production System experience
• Knowledge of UL requirements
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.