Support Specialist - Building Automation Solutions - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236934
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
- Participates in routine product support to customers on-site.
- Educates customers on product knowledge.
- Provides support to the product design group regarding solutions for customers with routine product needs.
- Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate solutions.
- Seeks advice and guidance from other team members regarding non-routine or problem areas.
- Participates in the implementation and/or performs startup and commissioning for equipment that has been newly installed.
- Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation, startup & commissioning:
- Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database.
- Supports the upload of point database.
- Assists with the modification of graphics
- Network Technologies:
- Participates with verification of point database that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence.
- Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
- Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination:
- May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance:
- Runs routine reports to review system operation.
- Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action.
- Participates in final inspection and testing.
- Supports the assurance of customer acceptance.
- Assists with training of customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits routine written reports.
- Provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Develops engineering submittals, including Facility Systems Business Rules (FSBR) submissions that are specific to this account. Engineering development includes AUTOCAD drawings, riser and network diagrams, electrical and controls drawings, and other necessary documentation.
- Participates in meetings with owner, facility operator, mechanical/electrical contractors and other stakeholders.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
- Required amount of travel: 15%
- Other Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan and have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future need for sponsorship.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English.
- Preferred education: Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational training preferred.
- Preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise:
- Proficiency with MS Office preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience verifying and documenting installation of equipment, working on construction sites, and/or working with building automation systems is preferred and will receive preference.
- Experience with HVAC installation, troubleshooting and start-up (residential or commercial) and/or electrical components (e.g. relays, communication wiring, power supplies, low voltage, etc.) preferred.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.