The Technical Trainer Position is responsible for the development and delivery of approved curriculum content to NAM customers. The training will include routine basic operations and advanced troubleshooting in a classroom environment as well as in training events across NAM through our Local Area Training workshop and On-Demand Onsite in laboratory facilities. This position will support all Siemens DX portfolio, to include LD and Hemostasis, Hematology, Dimension and Drugs of Abuse.
Customer Clinical Education (CCE) within Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics team primary responsibility is to develop and deliver education and training for all technical employees and North America customers. The role of Technical Trainer has a primary focus of delivering customer and technical employee training for current and future Siemens Chemistry and Immunoassay Diagnostic Systems utilizing skills-based classroom, onsite, virtual and Local Area Training. In addition, the Technical Trainer will design content that enables successful performance of required hands-on activities. Actively participate in new product or product upgrades technical teams to Support development of design specifications to ensure quality, consistency and conformation for delivery method. Interact with technical subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure courses are technically accurate and direct learners to approved education support tools.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Degree: B.S. in Medical Technology, Life Sciences or equivalent laboratory experience.
A minimum of 5 years of laboratory or equivalent experience, a thorough understanding of the operation of the clinical laboratory is a must.
The incumbent must have the ability to physically stand for long periods of time. This position is estimated at 70% active with the incumbent standing and moving around the classroom, the remaining 30% is sedentary with the majority being computer work. The incumbent must be able to travel.
Travel is domestic and can be 1 day to 1+ week at one time dependent on the purpose. Travel is estimated up to 40 - 50%. The incumbent will be expected to continuously improve his/her adult education knowledge, facilitation, feedback skills, and organizational understanding. The incumbent will complete a professional training certification process as part of his/her professional development.
Advanced written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent presentation / demonstration skills are required. Critical computer and audio-visual skills are required such as experience with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office Applications.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in adult education, training, or in curriculum development, and at best, training certification. The application of e-learning technology to
adult learning is a definite plus. Knowledge of Siemens DX and competitive products is a plus.
Organizational skills such as planning, scheduling, and data analysis for managing complex projects while meeting timelines for deliverables. The incumbent must be capable
of functioning independently, as well as in a matrix and team environment. Highly motivated and self-directed, strong communication and project management skills. Strong technical
writing skills, conceptual thinking abilities and extreme attention to detail is ideal. Advanced Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn new software tools quickly. Prior experience wit
the Siemens Healthineers product portfolio is a plus.