EHS Site Leader
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 236972
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges,
strengthening their competitiveness. For more information, please visit:
The Senior EHS Site Leader is responsible for leading safety (OSHA compliance) in an individual contributor role, working closely with Sr. Management across the facility and its operations as well as the leading the development, implementation and coordination of environmental programs and policies to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
This position has a direct impact on Business Unit performance and must possess an in-depth knowledge of safety and environmental regulations management methods: position must also possess the ability/ skills to communicate with a wide variety of people and influence actions.
The Senior EHS professional will serve as a resource to other employees at the location and provide tools to management to maintain a high level of environmental compliance performance; and the safety of employees, visitors, and contractors.
The Senior EHS professional will report directly to the Norwood Director of Operations and indirectly to the Division EHS Director.
· Coordinating directly with Division EHS Management
· Measuring performance of facilities’ compliance within the business to established standards
· Occupational health management; including injury reduction, trending, etc.
· Demonstrating operational knowledge of facilities
· Proactively contribute to continuous improvement efforts
· Lead cross functional teams related to EHS targets and objectives
· Facilitate EHS training and communications across the organization
· Conducting and managing EHS incident investigations, including tracking and record-keeping requirements
· Staying current with existing and new regulations for state and federal RCRA, OSHA, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Centralized Waste Treatment Standards,
· Establishing audit guidelines for plant and facility
· Assessing new or existing environmental regulations and determining applicability to the facility
· Developing environmental related compliance tools and training programs
· Tracking environmental related Federal, State, and Local regulatory changes impacting the business, both from a facility and customer relations standpoint: then communicate those findings to management.
Interfacing with agencies, employees, and outside legal counsel on behalf of business when required: coordinating business response and/or comments to regulatory changes
Participating in audit activities (internal and external) including identification of EHS issues and implementation of corrective actions
· Assisting Regional Country United States (RC US) Corporate EHS professionals as required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS in Environmental Health and Safety or related field (loss prevention, etc.) highly preferred: in rare cases years of experience and performance history related to EHS may be considered as a substitute for 4 year degree
· 8+ years of experience in a technical EHS role on Safety and Environmental Compliance within a large equipment manufacturing environment
· Experience with ISO14001 and ISO18001 / ISO 45001
· Experience with industrial manufacturing operations (i.e. overhead crane operation, powered industrial vehicles, high voltage equipment testing, ergonomic assessments, EPA permitting, etc.) highly preferred
· Occupational health experience (injury reduction, trending, etc.) preferred
· Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams and leading EHS targets and objectives
· Proven ability to facilitate training, including presentation development in PowerPoint and/ or other suitable media
· Working experience in a Union Environment is a plus for consideration
· Working knowledge of Workers Compensation Laws, more specifically Ohio Workers Compensation Laws
· Working knowledge of Behavior Based/ Human Performance Safety Programs: implementation and sustainability